Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 40 mins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium-size red onion
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Greek olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf oregano, crumbled
- 1 can (6-1/8 ounces) tuna, packed in water, drained and flaked
- 1 pound fusilli pasta OR: other shaped pasta, if you wish
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
1. Heat the oil in a medium-size saucepan over low heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until softened. Add the diced tomatoes, capers, olives and oregano. Increase the heat to medium; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Add the tuna and heat through.
2. Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente, firm but tender. Drain well.
3. Spoon the sauce over the hot cooked pasta on a large serving platter. Sprinkle with the parsley.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 573, Fat, total (g): 23, chol. (mg): 8, carb. (g): 73, pro. (g): 20, sodium (mg): 998, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.