Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cook 35 mins
- 1/2 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary OR: 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning
- 3 bottles (8 ounces each) clam juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 fillet of monkfish, cod or haddock, skin removed, deboned and cut into bite-size cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
1. In large saucepan, bring vinegars to a boil over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic and rosemary. Cover and reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes. Uncover; increase heat to high and cook until most of vinegar is cooked off, about 5 minutes.
2. Add oil, salt and pepper to saucepan; cook 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, clam juice and white wine. Bring to a boil. Add orzo. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until orzo is just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add fish; simmer, uncovered, just until fish is opaque and cooked through, about 3 minutes.
3. In small bowl, combine parsley and lemon rind. Stir into soup just before serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 164, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 12, sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 24, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 11, sodium (mg): 951, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.