Servings: 6 Prep 25 mins Cook 40 mins
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 large carrot, shredded (2/3 cup)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 of a 16-oz. pkg. fettuccine, broken in half
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; add onion and cook and stir for 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook and stir for 1 minute. Add turkey and salt; continue to cook for 4 minutes more or until turkey is cooked through, stirring to break up turkey. Add undrained tomatoes, carrot, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning; stir to combine. Bring to boiling.
2. Partially cover the saucepan with lid; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add Parmesan cheese and stir to combine. Cover completely and cook for 20 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
3. During the last 20 minutes of cooking the sauce, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
4. Serve sauce over noodles.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 289, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 40, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 37, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 6, pro. (g): 25, vit. A (IU): 2624, vit. C (mg): 9, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 3, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 97, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 391, Potassium (mg): 327, calcium (mg): 71, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.