Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 10 mins
- 12 ounces rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 dried chili pepper (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 pound ground beef OR: turkey
- 4 cups diced tomatoes, drained (about 8 tomatoes) OR: 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons salt (or 1/2 teaspoon if using canned tomatoes)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water, drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add onion; cook until browned, 2 minutes. Add chili pepper if using, garlic and meat; cook, breaking up meat, until it loses its raw look, about 3 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper; bring to boiling. Lower heat; simmer 5 minutes. Adjust salt and pepper if necessary. Stir in parsley. Remove chili pepper.
4. Toss cooked pasta with sauce.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 599, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 57, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 77, pro. (g): 29, sodium (mg): 1086, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.