Servings: 4 Start to Finish 40 mins
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium eggplants, cut into 1/2 to 1-inch chunks
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound farfalle or other dried pasta
- 6 small or 3 medium tomatoes, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2- to 1-inch chunks
- 1 - 2 teaspoons thinly sliced garlic
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh basil for garnish (optional)
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the eggplant, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and stir occasionally until it's browned and tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Add pasta to boiling water and prepare as directed. While its cooking, add the tomatoes and garlic to the eggplant mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until everything is nicely softened, about 10 more minutes.
3. When the pasta is done, drain and toss with the eggplant sauce and Parmesan. Adjust the seasoning and garnish with basil if you like.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 445, Fat, total (g): 12, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 70, fiber (g): 9, pro. (g): 15, sodium (mg): 210, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.