Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 3 hrs Stand 20 mins
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 26 ounce jar pasta sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 15 ounce carton light ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 oz.)
1. Coat a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In a large microwave-safe bowl stir together pasta sauce and water. Cover bowl with waxed paper and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together ricotta cheese and carrot; set aside.
2. Spoon 1/2 cup of the sauce mixture in the bottom of prepared slow cooker. Break half of the noodles to fit the bottom of the slow cooker and arrange over the sauce in the slow cooker. Spoon mounds of half of the ricotta mixture over the noodles. Top with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella. Spoon half of the remaining sauce over the layers. Top with remaining noodles, breaking to fit, remaining ricotta mixture, and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Spoon remaining sauce over and top with remaining mozzarella.
3. Cover; cook on low heat setting for 3 hours (noodles should be tender). Remove crockpot from liner and let stand covered for 20 minutes. Makes 6 servings.
Tip Stovetop Method:
For Easy Cleanup:
- Prepare as above, except increase noodles to 8 and layer ingredients in a large deep skillet. Bring to boiling over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 35 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 286, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 32, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 31, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 10, pro. (g): 18, vit. A (IU): 2284, vit. C (mg): 6, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 48, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 646, Potassium (mg): 30, calcium (mg): 404, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.