Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 12 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 pound wagon wheel pasta
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and chicken. Cook 5 minutes, turning after 3 minutes. Add onion and garlic; cook 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, half-and-half, chipotle and salt. Simmer, uncovered, 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cilantro.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta following package directions, about 12 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
3. Toss pasta with sauce. Add reserved water as needed to thin out sauce.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 467, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 67, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 65, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 38, sodium (mg): 615, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.