Fire-roasting the vegetables in this recipe brings out their natural sweetness. Try this the next time you grill for a new favorite meatless main dish.
1. Heat gas grill to medium-high or prepare charcoal grill with medium-hot coals. Lightly coat grill rack with oil or nonstick cooking spray.
2. Evenly divide vegetables and thread alternately onto 8 metal skewers
3. Generously brush veggies with 1/4 cup of the dressing. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes, until lightly charred. Carefully turn and grill covered for an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables soften and are lightly charred. Remove to a large serving platter and keep warm.
4. Cook pasta following package directions, about 10 minutes. Drain and toss with remaining 1/4 cup dressing.
5. Serve the vegetables on a bed of pasta. Garnish with shaved Parmesan and basil.Do-Ahead Tip:
6. Assemble skewers; place on a platter and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate. Brush with dressing just before grilling.