Servings: 8 Prep 20 mins Bake 400°F 30 mins Cook 26 mins
- 1/2 of a large butternut squash, seeds removed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 large green bell peppers, cored, seeds removed, and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 14 1/2 ounce cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 15 1/2 ounce cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 ounce box whole-wheat spaghetti, cooked following package directions
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup reduced-sodium oyster crackers
- 4 large scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place squash in a large rimmed baking pan and toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Bake at 400 degrees F. for 30 minutes. Set aside.
2. In a large pot, heat remaining tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, peppers and garlic. Cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, chili powder, cinnamon, sugar, allspice and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Simmer 15 minutes over medium-low heat, with lid ajar. Stir occasionally.
3. Stir in cooked squash and beans. Simmer 5 minutes.
4. Serve chili over cooked spaghetti. Scatter cheese, oyster crackers and scallions over the top.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 456, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 3, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 79, fiber (g): 18, pro. (g): 20, sodium (mg): 542, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.