Servings: 6 Prep 30 mins Total Time 1 hr
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound whole-wheat elbows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 1 3/4 cups low-fat white cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Toss squash with oil and salt on a foil-lined tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until tender, set aside.
2. Cook pasta for 2 minutes less than package directions call for; drain and place in a bowl with squash. Meanwhile, melt butter over low heat. Whisk in flour; cook for 2 minutes.
3. Slowly whisk in milk. Bring mixture to a boil, then simmer. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1 1/2 cups cheese; stir until melted. Stir cheese sauce in pasta and squash.
4. Spoon into 6 greased, individual ramekins. Sprinkle on remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 306, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 23, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 39, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 6, pro. (g): 18, vit. A (IU): 5275, vit. C (mg): 10, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 3, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 46, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 400, Potassium (mg): 360, calcium (mg): 272, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.