- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts (3 to 4), cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (such as Frank's® Red Hot®)
- 8 ounces dried elbow macaroni (2 cups dry)
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated fat-free milk
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 3 ounces American cheese slices, torn
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (3 oz.)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese (optional)
1. Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
2. Brown chicken in skillet over medium heat. Remove skillet from heat; add the hot sauce and toss to coat the chicken.
3. Meanwhile cook pasta in 2 quarts of boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain.
4. Coat the inside of a 3-1/2-or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the evaporated milk, 1 cup milk, American cheese, cheddar cheese, cooked pasta, onion, celery and browned chicken to cooker. Stir well to combine.
5. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 hours. Stir in the 1/4 cup milk until creamy. If desired, sprinkle with blue cheese.
Tip For Easy Cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 609, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 115, sat. fat (g): 10, carb. (g): 59, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 16, pro. (g): 53, vit. A (IU): 972, vit. C (mg): 6, Thiamin (mg): 1, Riboflavin (mg): 1, Niacin (mg): 17, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 165, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 759, Potassium (mg): 927, calcium (mg): 646, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.