- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions
- 3 sweet peppers
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes with juice
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsely
- 1 pound perciatelli (bucatini) pasta, cooked according to package directions
1. In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, cut into strips, and sweet peppers (assorted colors), cored and cut into strips; saute until softened, 10 minutes.
2. Add garlic, salt, black pepper and tomatoes with juice, broken up; simmer 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Add sea scallops and tuck into peppers; cook, turning scallops over once, until scallops are just cooked through, about 6 minutes.
4. Stir in flat-leaf parsley leaves. Serve with pasta.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 476, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 37, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 66, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 30, sodium (mg): 786, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.