Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 10 mins
- 12 ounces wagon-wheel pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, stemmed, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen baby green peas
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
1. Cook wagon wheels in large pot of boiling water.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add peas; cook 2 minutes. Stir in cream; cook 4 minutes, until thickened. Stir in basil, salt and pepper.
3. Drain pasta; toss together with sauce in serving bowl. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 556, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 4, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 83, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 609, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.