Servings: 6 Prep 5 mins Cook 37 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound spaghetti
1. Heat oil in saucepan over low heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, occasionally, 12 minutes, until softened, making sure garlic doesn't burn. Add tomatoes, basil, pepper and salt; cook for 25 minutes.
2. Cook spaghetti in large pot lightly salted boiling water until al dente, firm but tender. Drain well. Toss spaghetti with sauce.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 391, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 72, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 13, sodium (mg): 644, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.