Servings: 6 Yield: 10 1/2 cups Prep 15 mins Cook 18 mins to 20 mins
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, cooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced (2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces dried multigrain penne pasta
- 4 cups broccoli flowerets
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
Make It Make It:
1. Place chicken broth in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer; cover and keep warm. Using 2 forks, shred chicken into small pieces; set aside.
2. In a 4- to 6-quart Dutch oven heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until onions are tender and golden, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
3. Add the pasta to the Dutch oven. Pour warm broth over pasta. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 4 minutes. Add the broccoli and chicken. Cover and cook for 6 minutes more or until pasta is tender. Add pepper.
4. Divide pasta mixture among 6 shallow bowls. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 381, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 54, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 49, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 6, sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): 29, vit. A (IU): 579, vit. C (mg): 12, Thiamin (mg): 1, Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 12, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 118, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 290, Potassium (mg): 770, calcium (mg): 57, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.