- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces diced pancetta
- 1 onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 15 ounce can no salt added cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup no salt added crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces small pasta, such as ditalini or small shells
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- Oregano leaves for garnishing, optional
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, until the fat begins to render, about 5 minutes. Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
2. Pour in the broth, beans, tomatoes, and rosemary and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover the pot and cook 15 minutes. Remove 1 cup of the mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Return puree to the pot and add the pasta. Cook, stirring often, until the pasta is tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Divide soup between bowls and top with shaved Parmesan and oregano, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 407, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 5, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 58, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 9, sugar (g): 8, pro. (g): 24, vit. A (IU): 7450, vit. C (mg): 11, sodium (mg): 654, Potassium (mg): 536, calcium (mg): 79, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.