Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 17 mins
- 1 1 pound box small shaped pasta (such as De Cecco gnocchetti sardi or #46 dried gnocchi)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 6 ounce package Canadian bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 15 ounce can Muir Glen diced tomatoes
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook 10 minutes or as per package directions. Drain and return to pot.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Canadian bacon and brown on both sides, about 4 minutes total. Remove to a plate with a slotted spoon.
3. Reduce heat to medium and add onion to skillet. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, vodka, basil, sugar, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Cook 8 minutes.
4. Add Canadian bacon back to skillet along with heavy cream. Heat through and spoon over pasta. Top with grated Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 499, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 41, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 62, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 16, sodium (mg): 771, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.