- 12 ounces dried whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups no-salt-added vegetable broth
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 15 ounce can no-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 cup oil-packed dried tomatoes, drained well and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup whole wheat panko
- Snipped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
1. In a 4-quart pot cook pasta in lightly salted boiling water according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant but not browned. Add broth, artichoke hearts, beans, and oregano. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
3. Add artichoke mixture to pasta in pot. Add tomatoes and salt. Cover and keep warm.
4. Wipe out skillet. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add panko and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes or until toasted. Divide pasta mixture among serving plates; top with panko and parsley.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 361, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 61, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 5, sugar (g): 1, pro. (g): 12, vit. A (IU): 389, vit. C (mg): 14, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 8, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 397, Potassium (mg): 534, calcium (mg): 71, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.