Servings: 4 Yield: servings Prep 10 mins Bake 450°F 20 mins Cook 6 mins
- 1 pound (from a 2 lb bag) frozen straight-cut fries (such as Alexia 98% Fat-Free Smart Classics)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 4 oz each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole wheat panko (such as Kikkoman)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Lemon wedges for squeezing
- Ketchup and tartar sauce (optional)
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees . Place fries on an ungreased baking sheet in single layer. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with smoked paprika and bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes, until crispy, turning once.
2. Meanwhile, season tilapia with 1/4 tsp of the salt and the black pepper. Dip in egg whites and coat with panko.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tilapia and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden.
4. Sprinkle tilapia with remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Serve with fries and lemon wedges. Accompany with ketchup and tartar sauce, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 399, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 57, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 39, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 30, sodium (mg): 763, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.