1. Mix sugar and cinnamon in bowl. Add pears. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Mix cherries, water, and liqueur, if using, in bowl. Let stand 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.Pancake:
4. Bring 1/3 cup water and butter to boiling in saucepan. Reduce to low. Add baking mix; stir vigorously to form ball. Remove from heat. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat until batter is smooth, 2 minutes. Spread in ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Drain pears; spread on pancake, leaving 1-inch border. Drain cherries; sprinkle on top.
5. Bake in 400 degree F oven 20 to 25 minutes, until edges are puffed and golden brown. Serve. Makes 6 servings.