1. Heat oven to 200 degrees F for keeping the finished pancakes warm.
2. Heat a heavy griddle or large heavy nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat. When a drop of water sizzles on the surface, brush with a small amount of vegetable oil or lightly coat with nonstick vegetable-oil cooking spray.
3. While the griddle is heating, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, wheat germ, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger until well blended.
4. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the milk, honey, eggs and oil until the honey is dissolved and doesnt remain on the bottom of the bowl. Stir in grated apple.
5. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until combined; do not overblend.
6. Onto hot griddle, pour 1/3 cup batter for each pancake, spreading to make 5- to 5-1/2-inch pancake, about 3 pancakes per batch. Cook about 1 minute or until bubbles begin to appear on top of pancakes and bottoms are lightly golden. Flip pancakes over; cook another 1 to 2 minutes or until bottom is lightly golden.
7. Transfer pancakes to a baking sheet; keep them warm in 200 degree F oven.
8. Repeat with the remaining batter, making a total of 12 pancakes.