Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 225°F 5 mins per batch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 3 cups fruit, such as blueberries, chopped kiwi and mandarin oranges
1. Sift together all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, cocoa powder, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt into large bowl.
2. Beat eggs slightly in medium--size bowl. Beat in buttermilk and melted butter until well blended.
3. Make well in center of dry ingredients. Add buttermilk mixture and molasses to well; stir just until ingredients are combined and dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Make 6 waffles in waffle maker following manufacturers directions. Stack between sheets of waxed paper on large baking sheet and keep warm in 225 degrees F oven.
5. Serve waffles topped with vanilla yogurt and fruit.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 562, Fat, total (g): 27, chol. (mg): 139, sat. fat (g): 16, carb. (g): 70, pro. (g): 14, sodium (mg): 641, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.