1. Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt onto sheet of waxed paper.
2. Whisk together buttermilk and egg yolks in large bowl. Beat flour mixture into buttermilk mixture along with melted butter.
3. Beat egg whites in small bowl until stiff, but not dry peaks form. Fold into pancake batter.
4. Heat large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Lightly brush with vegetable oil. Working in batches, ladle in scant 1/3 cup batter for each pancake; cook until set and bubbly on top, 2 minutes. Turn pancakes over; cook 1 minute, or until cooked through. Keep warm in 225 degrees F oven.Blueberry Syrup:
5. Combine fresh or frozen thawed blueberries, sugar, water and ground nutmeg in small saucepan. Bring to boiling over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer for about 7 minutes or until syrup is thickened. Makes about 1-1/2 cups.Brown Sugar Syrup:
6. Combine packed dark-brown sugar and water in medium-size saucepan. Bring to boiling; stir to dissolve sugar. Lower heat; boil gently until syrupy, about 15 minutes. Stir in vanilla. Makes about 1-2/3 cups.