Makes: 8 waffles at 36 cents each. Prep: 20 minutes. Cook: 3 to 4 minutes per waffle.
1. Heat nonstick Belgian or standard waffle iron.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in large bowl.
3. Beat together banana and eggs in medium-size bowl. Beat in butter, buttermilk, vanilla and pecans.
4. Make well in center of flour mixture. Add banana mixture to well, stirring quickly, just until blended.
5. Coat waffle iron with cooking spray. Spoon slightly rounded 1/3 cup batter for each 4-inch waffle onto hot iron, quickly spreading to cover entire surface. Cook following manufacturer's instructions.
6. Serve waffles hot with an assortment of desired toppings.