Servings: 6 Prep 25 mins Total Time 40 mins
- 1 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Pinch saffron or turmeric, optional
- 8 ounces dried orzo pasta
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. In a medium saucepan bring 2 cups water, the broth and the saffron or turmeric, if using, to a boil. Add the orzo and cook for 6 minutes, adding the peas during the final 3 minutes of cooking. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
2. Meanwhile, in a very large oven-safe skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add corn and cook 2 minutes more. Stir in the drained orzo mixture, reserved cooking liquid, and the shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. Place the tomatoes on top of the mixture in the skillet and transfer the skillet to the oven.
3. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed and the tomatoes are soft. Top with the parsley and serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 314, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 106, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 44, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 7, pro. (g): 22, vit. A (IU): 1402, vit. C (mg): 20, Thiamin (mg): 1, Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 4, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 138, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 441, Potassium (mg): 559, calcium (mg): 70, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.