- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup weekend-prepped caramelized onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 8 eggs
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat four 10-oz. ramekins or ovenproof bowls with cooking spray. Arrange ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet. In a medium bowl, stir together the spinach, caramelized onions, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, to taste. Divide the mixture among the prepared ramekins. Top each with 1 Tbs. half and half.
2. Crack 2 eggs, one at a time, into a small bowl. Pour eggs into one ramekin, keeping yolks intact. Repeat with remaining eggs. Sprinkle with pepper. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake until the egg whites are set, about 25 minutes. Serve with toast for dunking.
1. Thinly slice the onions. In a large skillet cook onions in 2 Tbs. olive oil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 354, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 381, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 30, Monounsaturated fat (g): 6, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 3, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 5, sugar (g): 7, pro. (g): 21, vit. A (IU): 2472, vit. C (mg): 14, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): 1, Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 140, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 553, Potassium (mg): 281, calcium (mg): 220, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.