Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Total Time 30 mins
- 4 cups basil leaves
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 12 ounces orecchiette pasta
- 4 cooked chicken tenders (from Tuesday), shredded
1. In a food processor, combine the basil, olive oil, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, walnuts, garlic, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Puree until smooth.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
3. Add the chicken and 6 Tbs. of the pesto to the warm pasta. Toss to coat. If needed, stir in up to 1/2 cup reserved cooking water to moisten. Heat through. Top with additional cheese.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 518, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 46, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 68, Monounsaturated fat (g): 8, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 3, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 24, vit. A (IU): 929, vit. C (mg): 3, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 6, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 19, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 421, Potassium (mg): 262, calcium (mg): 88, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.