Servings: 8 Prep 25 mins Total Time 6 hrs
- 3 pounds boneless beef chuck, cubed
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 large minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Cooked brown rice, for serving
1. Add beef and peppers to a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Stir together hoisin sauce, orange juice, marmalade, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, 1/4 cup scallions, 1/4 cup cilantro, ginger, and hot pepper flakes (if using). Pour over beef and peppers; mix. Cover and cook until meat is tender, on high for 5 to 6 hours or low for 6 to 7 hours. Remove lid and skim fat. Transfer 1 cup liquid to a bowl; whisk in flour until smooth. Stir into slow cooker until combined. Cover with lid and cook on high for 30 minutes more or until slightly thickened.
2. Serve on top of rice. Garnish with remaining scallions and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 312, Fat, total (g): 3, carb. (g): 16, fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 10, pro. (g): 39, sodium (mg): 470, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.