Servings: 8 Yield: servings Prep 10 mins Cook 10 mins
- 2 1/2 pounds heirloom carrots, peeled
- 2 1/4 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. Place carrots in a large skillet with 2 cups of the orange juice and water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Drain.
2. Add butter, honey, remaining 1/4 cup orange juice, salt and pepper. Cook over mediumlow heat, covered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender and glazed.
3. Place carrots on a serving plate and drizzle with glaze from skillet. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 153, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 15, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 25, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 149, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.