- 8 ounces ground Italian sausage
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 14 ounce can chicken broth or beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces dried spaghetti, broken
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, cook sausage and mushrooms until meat is brown. Drain.
2. Stir in broth, water, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Add spaghetti a little at a time, stirring constantly. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 14 to 17 minutes, stirring regularly, or until spaghetti is tender. Season with salt, pepper, and Parmesan.
- You can also make this pasta with ground beef instead.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 293, Fat, total (g): 11, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 36, fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 6, pro. (g): 14, sodium (mg): 849, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.