1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin-pie spice, and salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugars, egg, flour mixture, oats, carrots, and raisins.
4. Drop dough by slightly rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake each sheet for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. Let stand 1 minute on cookie sheet, then remove and let cool on a wire rack.
5. For filling, in a small bowl mix cream cheese and maple syrup. Spread 1 Tbs. filling on the flat side of half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies to make sandwiches. Wrap and chill up to 3 days.