- 4 pounds frozen unsweetened peaches, thawed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 cup regular rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. For the filling: Place the peaches in a 3-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with the sugar and cornstarch. Toss to combine. Bake for 35 minutes.
3. Meanwhile for the topping: In medium bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce the speed to medium and add the egg yolk; beat until smooth. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, then the oats and nuts.
4. Drop 12 mounds of dough, about 2 Tbs. each, on the hot peaches. Return to the oven and bake until the cookies are golden brown and the peaches are bubbling, about 25 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 264, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 33, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 31, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 3, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 30, pro. (g): 4, vit. A (IU): 721, vit. C (mg): 10, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 13, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 54, Potassium (mg): 326, calcium (mg): 22, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.