- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups Bob's Red Mill whole grain medley
- 2 cups diced sweet onion
- 1 pound sliced wild mushrooms
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 6 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage, breaking apart with a spoon. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Add vinegar, scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan.
2. Transfer sausage to slow cooker. Stir in grains, onion, mushrooms, celery, garlic and thyme. Pour chicken stock on top, making sure all grains are submerged. Cook on HIGH for 5 hours. Stir in salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 370, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 22, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 43, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 21, sodium (mg): 904, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.