1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat 18 cups in standard-size muffins pans with nonstick cooking spray. (See Note.)
2. Cook pepper in 1 tablespoon oil in skillet 1 minute or until softened. Add rosemary. Remove from heat.
3. Mix cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking soda, powder, salt and pepper in large bowl. Beat eggs, buttermilk and 1/4 cup oil in small bowl.
4. Make well in center of flour mixture. Add egg mixture. Stir until mixture is moistened, batter comes together. Fold in pepper with oil in skillet and cheese. Spoon slightly rounded 1/4 cup batter into each cup.
5. Bake in 400 degree F oven 18 minutes, until slightly crusty around edges. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Serve warm. Makes 18 muffins.