Servings: 12 Prep 10 mins Bake 375°F 25 mins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cook oatmeal
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 375 degree F. Coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, whisk together flour, both sugars, baking powder, allspice and salt. Stir in oatmeal, raisins and nuts. In medium-size bowl, lightly beat egg. Stir in oil, milk and vanilla to combine. Stir gently into flour mixture; do not overmix.
3. Fill muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375 degree F for 25 minutes or until golden on top. Remove to wire rack to cool. Makes 12 muffins. (See photo, page 22)
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 297, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 21, carb. (g): 45, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 317, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.