Servings: 12 Yield: 12 muffins Prep 15 mins Bake 400°F 20 mins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons bottled fruit-based baking-fat replacement
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted and chopped, OR: thawed, frozen, OR: canned, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat 12 standard-size muffin-pan cups with nonstick cooking spray, coating muffin-pan tops around cups as well.
2. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in large bowl. Mix in fat replacement and oil until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
3. Beat egg, milk and vanilla in bowl until blended. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until blended. Fold cherries into batter. Spoon batter into muffin cups. Sprinkle with walnuts.
4. Bake in 400 degrees F oven 20 minutes or until golden and wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove muffins from pan to wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 160, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 18, sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 31, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 218, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.