Use carrots to make these muffins extra moist. This quick and easy recipe starts with a mix and is the perfect brunch snack.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees . Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium-size bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 egg, sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
3. Set aside 1/2 cup of muffin mix for topping. Place rest of mix in large bowl. Add remaining egg, carrots, milk, raisins and oil. Stir until well blended.
4. Fill each muffin cup with 1/4 cup of batter. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of cream cheese mixture over top of each muffin.
5. In a small bowl, combine reserved muffin mix, pecans and butter. Mix with fork until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the cream cheese in each muffin cup.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool muffins in pan for 15 minutes. Gently lift muffins out of pan and cool completely.