These banana muffins are gently spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg. Pecans in the topping provide the crunch.
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat bottoms of one jumbo 6-cup muffin pan, or line with muffin cup liners.Crunch Topping:
2. In medium-size bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. With two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans; set aside.Muffins:
3. In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
4. In medium-size bowl, whisk together bananas, milk, both sugars and butter until blended. Make a well in flour mixture; put in egg. Stir until ingredients are just moistened.
5. Spoon 2/3 cup batter into each muffin cup; evenly crumble Topping over each. Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove pan to rack to cool for 5 minutes. With metal spatula, release muffins; remove to rack to cool. Makes 6 jumbo muffins.