- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup puffed millet cereal
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and shredded
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 2 tablespoons granola, optional
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine flours, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together buttermilk and egg; add to flour mixture, and mix to combine. Stir in millet cereal, apple, and cranberries or raisins.
2. Divide batter among paper-lined muffin pans. Sprinkle granola on tops, if using, and bake 16 to 19 minutes or until center is firm.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 171, Fat, total (g): 1, carb. (g): 37, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.