Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Slow Cook 5 hours on HIGH or 7 hours on LOW
- 2 pounds beef chuck, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 medium carrots, sliced on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 6 cups cooked pearl couscous
- 1/2 cup plain hummus
- Chopped parsley (optional)
1. Toss beef with salt and allspice. Place in slow cooker with carrots, onion and garlic. In a bowl, whisk tomatoes and harissa. Pour over beef. Cook on HIGH for 5 hours or LOW for 7 hours.
2. To serve, scoop 3/4 cup couscous into each bowl. Spoon stew on top; garnish with 1 tbsp hummus and, if using, parsley.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 450, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 85, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 43, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 28, sodium (mg): 370, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.