Servings: 8 Yield: 8 fruit skewers Active Time 20 mins Prep 20 mins
- 8 medium ripe, but firm kiwi
- 1 large cantaloupe
- 8 marshmallows
- Black edible pen, such as Wilton
- Assorted candy eyes
- Ends of green grapes
- Nut butter or honey
- 8 8 - 10 inches wooden skewers
1. Cut the ends off of 8 medium ripe kiwi, and use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin. Slice 1 large cantaloupe in half. Scoop out and discard seeds. Use a medium ice cream scoop to scoop out melon rounds. Have 8 marshmallows on hand. Starting with 8 (8 to 10-inch) skewers, thread one kiwi onto each skewer, followed by a marshmallow and finally a melon ball.
2. Blot the kiwis and melon rounds with paper towels. Add edible candy eyes (such as Wilton brand) using a little nut butter or honey on the backs of the eyes as glue. Cut the ends off of green grapes to use as noses, if desired. Using an edible pen, draw spooky faces on the marshmallows.
Tip Create a Crafty Snack
- Kids will love to build these fruity treats for a memorable playdate pastime. Don't be surprised if a few marshmallows vanish (poof!) along the way.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 100, Fat, total (g): 1, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 23, Monounsaturated fat (g): , Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 16, pro. (g): 2, vit. A (IU): 1267, vit. C (mg): 84, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 28, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 16, Potassium (mg): 343, calcium (mg): 30, iron (mg): , Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.