Servings: 12 Prep 15 mins Bake 325°F 1 hr
- 3 1/2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup 2% milk
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously coat a 10-cup Bundt pan with Baker's Joy nonstick spray for baking.
2. In a medium-size bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, espresso powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Beat in sugar until fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. On low, beat in flour mixture, alternating with milk. Beat 1 minute. Scrape into prepared pan.
4. Bake at 325 degrees F for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes. Carefully trim cake level. Run a thin knife around edge of cake, invert onto rack and remove pan. Cool completely. Serve with Strawberry-Ancho Chile Sauce.
Tip Strawberry-Ancho Chile Sauce
- In a medium-size saucepan, heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil. Add 1/4 tsp each ancho chile powder and cinnamon; cook 1 minute. Stir in 2 tbsp sugar and 1 lb strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes until slightly thickened. Cool.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 405, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 112, sat. fat (g): 11, carb. (g): 58, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 8, sodium (mg): 253, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.