Servings: 20 Prep 20 mins Bake 375°F 50 mins Cook 7 mins
- 1 ready-to-roll piecrust
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 pound sliced mixed mushrooms
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. On a lightly floured surface, unroll piecrust. Sprinkle pepper over crust and gently roll into piecrust. Fit into 9-inch pie plate and crimp edges. Refrigerate.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Set aside.
4. Whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, garlic salt, onion powder, dried thyme, nutmeg and cayenne. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese.
5. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over bottom of piecrust and spoon mushrooms over cheese. Pour egg mixture evenly over mushrooms.
6. Bake at 375 degrees F for 50 minutes or until egg mixture is set and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool to room temperature before slicing. Serve with Broccoli and Cauliflower Toss, if desired.
Tip Broccoli and Cauliflower Toss
- Steam 1 lb broccoli and cauliflower mix (such as Mann's). Dress with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes and a pinch of garlic salt.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 20; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 307, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 162, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 24, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 15, sodium (mg): 450, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.