1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine mixed fruit and brandy or juice; microwave 30 seconds. Let stand 10 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine apples, pear, flour, lemon zest, cinnamon and dried fruit with any remaining liquid.
3. Unroll phyllo; cover with damp towel. Lay out one sheet and brush lightly with some of the butter. Place another sheet on top; brush with butter. Repeat layering eight more times.
4. Spoon fruit mixture on long side of phyllo, 3 inches from edge, leaving 1 inch at either end. Fold both short ends over filling. Fold 3-inch-wide long strip over filling; roll up to enclose filling. Place, seam-side down, on rimmed baking sheet. Make eight slits in top. Brush strudel with butter.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 minutes, until nicely browned. Let cool on wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar.