Yield: about 6 cups at $1.98 per cup Prep 10 mins Bake 325°F 30 mins Cook 3 mins
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1 6 ounce bag dried mixed berries and cherries (such as Mariani)
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. In a small saucepan, combine honey, butter and salt. Place over low heat and cook until butter is melted, 3 minutes, stirring to blend.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, pecans and flax seeds. Pour honey mixture over oat mixture. Toss to coat. Pour into rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
3. Transfer oat mixture to large bowl and toss with dried fruit. Cool completely and package in jars or cellophane bags.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 115, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 3, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 15, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 27, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.