- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 30 cut chicken wing pieces (3 to 3 1/2 pounds)
For the Miso Glaze:
- 1/4 cup miso
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line two large baking pans with foil. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Pat wings dry using paper towel. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, pepper, and garlic powder. In batches, place wings in bowl and coat with flour mixture. Place wings on prepared pans. Cook for 60 minutes, turning once, or until skin is golden brown and beginning to crisp. Remove pans from oven. Preheat broiler.
3. While the chicken cooks, combine miso, maple syrup, water, vinegar, and soy sauce in a small saucepan. Cook, over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until boiling. Remove from heat.
4. Brush wings with glaze. Return pans to oven, one at a time. Broil wings, 5 to 6 inches from the heat, for 1 to 2 minutes or until glaze begins to brown. Turn wings and brush wings with remaining glaze. Broil 1 to 2 minutes more. Repeat with remaining pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Place wings on a serving platter. Cover loosely with foil and wrap dish in a towel to transport.
- To reheat, place chicken on foil-lined baking pans. Bake at 425 degrees F for 10 minutes. Coating will not be crisp when reheating.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 15; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 228, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 111, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 8, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 3, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): , sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 19, vit. A (IU): 26, vit. C (mg): , Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 5, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 13, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 382, Potassium (mg): 181, calcium (mg): 74, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.