- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon zest
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 12 5 inches wooden skewers
- 1 kirby cucumber, peeled and chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
1. In a bowl, combine the ground beef, onion, mint, lemon zest, 3 tablespoons of the yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon cumin and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Form into 12 2 1/2-inch patties, and thread onto bamboo skewers; chill until ready to cook.
2. For the raita, In a small bowl combine the cucumber, carrot, cilantro, sugar, the remaining yogurt, 1/4 teaspoon cumin and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
3. Preheat a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, place the beef skewers in the skillet and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F, turning once. Serve alongside the raita.
- Skewer the beef patties after they're cooked.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 164, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 53, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 6, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): 24, vit. A (IU): 2601, vit. C (mg): 3, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 5, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 17, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 2, sodium (mg): 237, Potassium (mg): 414, calcium (mg): 97, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.