Servings: 8 Prep 25 mins Broil 11 mins
- 1/4 cup cup finely chopped green onion or onion
- 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce or steak sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning or Cajun seasoning
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 slices Swiss or cheddar cheese (1 oz each), cut into fourths
- 8 dinner rolls or cocktail-size hamburger buns, split
- Shredded red leaf lettuce
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- Citrus Ketchup and/or Balsamic Mayo
- Hot waffle fries
1. In a large bowl, combine onion, bread crumbs, 2 tbsp water, Worcestershire sauce and steak seasoning. Add beef and mix well.
2. Shape meat mixture on wax paper into a 10 x 5-inch rectangle. Cut into 8 square patties. Place patties on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat, turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Top with cheese slices and broil 30 seconds or until melted.
3. On a serving platter, top each dinner roll or hamburger bun bottom with lettuce, mini burger, tomato slice, Citrus Ketchup or Balsamic Mayo and roll or bun top. If desired, decorate with party toothpicks. Add hot waffle fries to platter.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 402, Fat, total (g): 24, chol. (mg): 48, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 35, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 16, sodium (mg): 689, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.