Servings: 6 Prep 25 mins Cook 21 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 carrots, cut into small dice
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium summer squash, diced
- 1 14 ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 large vegetable bouillon cubes (such as Knorr), from a 2.1-oz pkg
- 3/4 cup tubettini (such as Ronzoni)
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 pound capicola, cut into ribbons
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large pot over mediumhigh heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add carrots, celery, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, bouillon cubes and 8 cups hot water. Simmer, partially covered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta and simmer an additional 9 minutes or until vegetables and pasta are tender. Stir in beans and ham; heat through, about 2 minutes.
3. Top each portion with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 331, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 11, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 48, fiber (g): 11, pro. (g): 16, sodium (mg): 1111, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.