- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 green onions, white and light green parts only, sliced
- 5 stalks celery, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups cooked mini pasta shells
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup shelled fresh peas
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- Grated Parmesan
- Fresh basil leaves, torn
- Fresh lemon juice
1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add green onions, celery, and green beans. Cook for 4 minutes; stirring occasionally.
2. Add the chicken stock, pepper to taste, and bay leaf. Bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the pasta, zucchini, peas, thyme, and salt to taste.
3. Simmer for another 3-4 minutes until peas are just tender. Remove from heat and discard bay leaf. Ladle into soup bowls. Garnish with Parmesan cheese, torn basil, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 210, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 3, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 32, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 5, sugar (g): 6, pro. (g): 12, vit. A (IU): 868, vit. C (mg): 24, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 106, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 702, Potassium (mg): 378, calcium (mg): 82, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.